Château de Savigny-les-Beaune

Château de Savigny-les-Beaune, musée et lieu de dégustation viticole
Château de Savigny-lès-Beaune , 21420 Savigny-lès-Beaune

Built in 1340 for the Duke of Eudes, the château was dismantled in 1478 following the invasion of Burgundy by Louis XI in his struggle with Mary of Burgundy. Restored and embellished at the beginning of the 17th century by the Bouhier family, the château became the property of the Migieu family in 1689, then by marriage, that of General Comte de la Loyère and his heirs, until its purchase in 1972 by a winemaker operating an estate in the Côte de Beaune.

It contains a collection of racing cars and motorcycles including Fiat Abarth prototypes and a collection of airplanes and helicopters, MIGS, Dassault, Patrouille de France … In addition, there’s an exhibition of around thirty straddle tractors and fire engines.